As a registered COVID safe organisation NECOM has adapted quickly to the changing government guidelines many times this term. There have been three changes to guidelines just in the last week! We have witnessed second waves nationally and globally so the health and safety of our remains our priority. Therefore, we must maintain the highest standard of compliance with the government health and Department of Education guidelines in the foreseeable future.
Thank you to our students, parents, schools and teachers for your patience and adaptability through this ever changing covid situation. In particular, congratulations to our Year 12 students who are preparing for their HSC performances, compositions and recording in these very challenging times.
In summary of our current programs:
• Choral rehearsals are held live via Zoom at normal weekly times – group singing is no longer permitted
• Solo and duet singing may continue with increased distancing
• Woodwind and brass ensembles are no longer permitted, even out of doors
• String ensembles are permitted to continue with increased distancing and hygiene measures
• The maximum number of persons in venues is reduced further to accommodate distancing and ventilation
• No resources (eg music stands, scores) are shared
• Individual lessons and exam preparation is permitted
• Mini Minstrels and Music Therapy programs continue with increased distancing and hygiene measures
• We continue to invest in and develop our technology to ensure accessibility for the future
• People entering NECOM must now sign in and continue to uphold strict distancing and hygiene measures
• Daily infection cleaning continues
We look forward to Term 4 and as soon as restrictions ease we will resume our Ensembles, Choirs and performances. We can’t wait!