NECOM provides a substantial professional learning and development program for instrumental teachers, school teachers, conductors and musicians through workshops, co-presented projects and employment.
- NSW NESA K-12 music syllabi
- HSC Musicology/Aural preparation and exam techniques
- HSC student/teacher mentoring for musicology vivas, essays and compositions
- **Songwriting for Teachers– PD Workshop w Music Australia
- Conducting – choral and instrumental
- Kodaly and Dalcroze methods
- Style and performance practice
- Early Childhood music
- Chamber Music in Schools
- Masterclasses with visiting guest musicians
- New England Sings!
- HSC workshop and Year 10 Music Day
- Chamber Music in Schools performances and resource kits
- Music and Literacy program
- Instrumental programs in schools
NECOM professional development of teachers network includes:
- Affiliated partners Armidale Music Teachers Association (AMTA) and Primary Armidale Music Teachers Associations (PAMTA)
- NECOM Music Educator Members
- Collaboration with regional DEC and non-government schools
- Collaboration with arts organisations such as Australian Youth Orchestra, Musica Viva, Sydney Symphony Orchestra, Australian Chamber Orchestra and Gondwana Choirs.