The New England Conservatorium of Music, in collaboration with AMTA (Armidale Music Teachers Association), provides a substantial program to support the NSW NESA music curriculum, school students and teachers in the following activities:
- Year 10 Music Day (annual workshop in March)
- HSC Music Workshop (annual two-day workshop in March)
- Elective Music Composition workshops (eg. in 2016-2017, NECOM hosted workshops with Elena Kats-Chernin, Paul Jarman, Luke Byrne and Matthew Hindson)
- HSC performance workshops
- HSC holiday workshops to prepare for the Musicology & Aural Skills examination (July & October school holidays)
- HSC student mentoring for compositions, musicology vivas and essays.
- Junior Orchestra Workshop for Yrs 3-9 (annual two-day workshop in July)
- Year 8 Music Day (new workshop in 2018)
- Professional musicians (NECOM staff members) for HSC performance exams
- Wind Blow-In workshops with visiting performers (eg. Arcadia Winds, 2017)
- Jazz workshops with visiting performers (eg. ANU Jazz Faculty, 2017)
In order to prepare our students for their musical life beyond school, NECOM offers a Tertiary Experience Tour (biannual 4-day trip with NECOM teaching staff alternating to Sydney Conservatorium/Sydney University or University of QLD/Griffith University for Tertiary immersion experience).