LESSONS IN VOICE OR AN INSTRUMENT
NECOM's Instrumental Program provides instrumental or vocal lessons by experienced professional teacher-musicians and visiting guest artists to children through to adults. Lessons are given in the NECOM Campus at the Armidale Teachers College or at schools in Armidale (parents must seek approval from the Principal) if the student is K-Year 12. Enrolment at NECOM for voice or instrumental lessons offers students and families the additional benefits:
*subsidised instrument hire
*bursary assistance for students
*fee discounts for families with multiple children enrolled in programs
*scholarships for talented students
WHAT YOU CAN LEARN AT NECOM
Students from five years of age upwards may enrol for lessons in voice or an instrument from the following:
Brass trumpet, trombone, French horn
Strings violin, viola, cello, double bass
Woodwind flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone
NECOM provides two program options for enrolment to cater to the student's age and level.
For beginner children in K-Yr 6. Click onto the link below for detailed information, fees and enrolment forms.
The Foundation Program establishes the vital foundations of good instrumental learning while nurturing and inspiring children in their love of music and performance. The sequential program provides the combination of experiences needed to lay down the best music foundations possible for young musicians - individual lessons with highly qualified and experienced NECOM teachers, ensemble playing, piano accompaniment tutorials and concerts. The program offers lessons in brass, strings and woodwind. Enrolment includes:
- Individual lessons 8 x 30 minute instrumental lessons each term is given at school or NECOM campus by NECOM teachers
- *Ensembles Weekly 45 minute tutorials with conductor/accompanist each term (Tues 4-4.45 OR Wed 5-5.45pm)
- Piano accompaniment 1 x 30 minute tutorial with a NECOM accompanist each term (except in the case of the piano program)
- Concerts 2-4 Solo and Ensemble concerts each year provide essential performance training
- Semester reports A progress report from the instrumental teacher
Instrumental and Vocal Lessons Program
Offered to children through to adults. Click onto the link below for detailed information, fees and enrolment forms.
- Individual lessons 9 x 30, 45 or 60 minute instrumental lessons each term is given at the campus by NECOM teachers or at schools
- Concerts 2-4 concerts annually to develop confidence, stage presentation and performance skills
- Reports Semester reports from instrumental/vocal teachers on students progress
- Extension activities Workshops with guest musicians and composers, mock exams, audition techniques, scale parties
- Ensembles (Extra) Options for intermediate and advanced ensemble enrolments (additional fee required)
MUSIC EDUCATOR MEMBERS 2019 NECOM Educator Members
NECOM has a unique partnership with private studio teachers in Armidale and the region who offer lessons alongside NECOM. If you are interested in learning an instrument from a private teacher in the community who is a Music Educator Member please click on the link 2019 NECOM Educator Members
Fees and Enrolment
Please contact the NECOM office on 6788 2135 to discuss any questions you have about choosing the appropriate instrument and teacher, fees and applications for bursaries or scholarships.