NECOM’s Music Educator Member (MEM) program is unique in NSW and was established in 2004 to provide professional development and performance training support to regional studio music teachers and their students.
Membership of the program provides many opportunities for regional music teachers and their students to take up benefits and activities on offer from our regional conservatorium. These include:
- Bursaries and/or scholarships for your students (NECOM awards over $30,000+ annually to NECOM enrolled students and MEM students).
- Venues for your students’ AMEB & Trinity examinations, including warm-up studio, piano tuning and administration support.
- Referrals to parents or community members seeking music lessons from private studio teachers.
- Discounted studio hire fee of $5/hour to contribute to ongoing costs of office admin support, insurances, venue hire, piano tuning, utilities etc.
- Discounted hire fees for venues for your studio concerts.
- Employment opportunities to teach or perform in NECOM projects and events.
- Advertising - the Music Educator Members list will be linked to our 2018 e-newsletter ‘Take Note’ distributed to 750+ individuals and organisations throughout New England + promotion on the NECOM website.
- Inclusion in NECOM’s coverage by the APRA/AMCOS photocopy and education licence.
- NECOM’s Professional Development Workshops and events, including workshops and masterclasses with visiting guest artists and musicians.
- Updates on relevant legislation for teachers eg Child Protection Policy.
- Instrument hire for your students.
2018 Fee: $85.00
The annual membership fee helps NECOM continue to provide support and services to teachers and their students. It contributes to our ongoing costs in administration support, insurances, professional development workshops, student workshops, masterclasses etc
We look forward to you joining our Music Educator Member Program in 2018 and wish you all the best for a rewarding and musical year ahead.
To join NECOM’s Music Educator Members in 2018, please complete the MEM Application Form 2018 and send to NECOM.