ABERBALDIE BURSARY INFORMATION 2022-2023
The Aberbaldie Foundation has generously offered bursaries for financial assistance to families and students of the New England Conservatorium for the 2022/2023 financial year. The bursaries are provided to help talented students who may not be able to continue their music studies without some financial assistance. Each bursary will provide up to 50% of tuition fees for an individual 30 minute lesson or up to 50% of a program fee.
To apply, please complete the Aberbaldie Bursary Application Form. Applications will be ineligible if they are not accompanied by proof of income ie. ATO return, Centrelink summary and any other documentation requested by the assessment panel – please note that all documents will be strictly confidential.
The Conservatorium may request each teacher to provide a confidential report for any students who apply.
Bursary Terms and Conditions
- A bursary will pay for up to 50% of the total cost of 30-minute lessons or 50% of a program fee for the 2022/2023 financial year.
- Aberbaldie Foundation bursaries are open to applicants under the age of 18 for any instrument (including voice).
- The decision of the New England Conservatorium of Music bursary committee is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- All information supplied will be treated as strictly confidential by NECOM.
- The music teacher may be asked to provide a report on the student.
- Applicants must be enrolled as an instrumental or vocal student of a NECOM instrumental teacher or a Music Educator Member.
- Applicants are required to be active members of their school choir or instrumental ensemble and remain so for the duration of the bursary.
- Staff and family of staff members are eligible to enter.
- Students who currently receive a Dept of Ed bursary for Conservatorium lessons are NOT eligible to apply.
- If the applicant is awarded a bursary, the student must be an exemplary role model to other students and represent NECOM to their best ability at all times. The bursary holder must be reliable and fully committed to attending all lessons, tutorials and performances punctually – this is a priority. The bursary holder will uphold all terms and conditions of enrolment and the code of conduct.
- The successful applicant must notify the New England Conservatorium of Music should a change in circumstances negate the need for a bursary.
- The Conservatorium reserves the right to withdraw the bursary at any time should the bursary conditions not be met.
Applications close Friday 17 June 2022 at 4:00pm
To apply, please complete and return form to firstname.lastname@example.org