NECOM seeks an experienced piano teacher for the position of Head of Piano, commencing in July 2018.
NECOM is the New England’s leading cultural institution situated in Armidale, the ‘capital’ of the New England region in northern NSW. Armidale is a unique city with a long tradition of excellence in education, fine music and community arts, and is home to the University of New England (UNE). See http://www.evocities.com.au
NECOM was established in 2003 and is NSW’s fastest growing non-tertiary community conservatorium, reaching over 4,500 K-Year 12 students annually and offering high-quality music education and performance opportunities to children, young people and adults across the region.
The position is required to deliver piano teaching across 4 x 10-week school terms annually, with additional Head of Department administration duties. It involves teaching beginners to intermediate/advanced level at the NECOM campus and various partner schools in Armidale; preparing students for exams, concerts and the Armidale Eisteddfod; accompanying students, as well as the opportunity to perform in NECOM’s student recitals and professional concert programs in the New England region.
- Tertiary music and/or music education qualifications or the equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in teaching piano to children from beginner levels upwards
- Excellent organisational & time management skills
- Availability to work flexible hours, particularly outside school hours and weekends
- Outstanding communication skills, particularly in a parental and K-12 school environment
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and collaborate successfully in a team environment and to support the goals of the organisation
- Competent range of IT skills including efficiency with Microsoft Office
- Current NSW Working With Children Check or willingness to obtain one
- Outstanding performance skills
- Passion and specialisation in teaching beginners and children
- Knowledge and experience in teaching various music syllabi including AMEB and Trinity College
- Knowledge and experience of music education methods eg Dalcroze, Orff Schulwerk, Kodaly
Remuneration: Base FT salary range $65,000-$73,000 plus super & entitlements (sick leave, holiday loading)
- A competitive remuneration package for this position will be offered based on experience, including a relocation allowance
- It is anticipated (based on current enrolment enquiries) that the position will be a Full-time one from 23 July 2018.
For more information or to discuss this position, please contact Russell Bauer, NECOM CEO:
Mobile: 0438 359 881 or Tel: 02 6788 2140
Applications close 4pm Friday 15 June, 2018
Interviews are proposed for Thurs 21 June to Sat 23 June, 2018