« All Events
August 6, 2017 @ 3:00 pm $25 – $45
- Andrey Gugnin, the winner of the 2016 Sydney International Piano Competition will be performing at the New England Conservatorium, CB Newling Building (Old Teachers’ College) in Armidale on Sunday 6 August.
- Andrey graduated from the Tchaikovsky Moscow State Conservatory in 2010, where he studied under Professor Vera Gornostaeva; since 2016 he has been studying at the International Piano Academy Lake Como with Stanislav Ioudenitch and William Nabore.
- Andrey is the winner of the Ernest Hutcheson First Prize of the 2016 Sydney International Piano Competition. He is also the winner of the Eileen Joyce Best Overall Concerto Prize, the Miriam Hyde Best 19th or 20th Century Concerto Prize, the Hephzibah Menuhin Best Violin and Piano Sonata Prize and the Roger Smalley Best Preliminaries Round 1 Recital Prize.
- Andrey has toured as a recitalist, a chamber music partner and as a concerto soloist, performing at Carnegie Hall in New York, Abravanel Hall in Salt Lake City, at the Eastman School of Music, the Great Hall of the Moscow State Conservatory, the Tchaikovsky Concert Hall in Moscow, the Moscow International House of Music, the Louvre, Teatro Verdi in Trieste and in Vienna’s Musikverein. He has collaborated with the State Academic Symphony Orchestra of Russia, the St. Petersburg Cappella Symphony Orchestra, the Netherlands Symphony Orchestra and the Asko Schonberg Ensemble, among others.
- He has been a guest artist at the Ruhr Piano Festival, Mariinsky International Piano Festival, Ohrid Summer Festival, Zagreb Summer Evenings Festival and the Bermuda Islands Performing Arts Festival, among others.
- All box office proceeds to NECOM Music Therapy Program.